In the ever-evolving environment of cybercrime, we enjoy our partnership with Schwab Institutional in being vigilant about protecting client’s data, privacy and of course, a lifetime of savings. Both Schwab and Total Wealth Planning have heavily invested in technology, training and monitoring to achieve this peace of mind for clients.
If you have not already done so, we recommend that you should consider the following resources to enhance your account protection.
- Two-step verification for Schwaballiance.com. Enhanced authentication adds a layer of security to your Schwab login ID and password. Clients can sign up by logging in at schwaballiance.com and selecting Manage Two-step Verification. From there, two options will be available:
- “Only on untrusted devices” – will only request two-step verification when you login from a device that is public, shared, unknown, or otherwise untrusted.
- “Always on login” – will request two-step verification at every login, on all devices.
- Enable a unique password or your biometric VoiceID to prevent someone who may have your personal information (think Identity Theft) from calling Schwab to impersonate you. You can do this by calling the Schwab Alliance team at 800-515-2157, but this feature is only available after you have established your online login with Schwab.
- Visit SchwabSafe to learn more about how you and Schwab can further safeguard your information.
At the end of the day, it’s all about trust. We enjoy our partnership with Schwab Institutional to provide our clients unparalleled protection, peace of mind, and a robust toolkit for investing and managing your life’s savings. We take this honor very seriously and so does Schwab. If all of the above protections fail, you should know that Schwab’s Security Guarantee states: Schwab will cover 100% of any losses in any of your Schwab accounts due to unauthorized activity. You can read the terms and other fine print here.
We’re honored to be your trusted advisor. Our team is here to serve you if you have any questions.